cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report to list what crystal reports run against what database at what time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to the Crystal Server, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a report out of the Crystal Reports Server Central Management Console, that will give me the following:

- What report is scheduled

- When it is schduled

- What database it runs against

- Statistics and or Properties of each Report

If there is not a delivered reporting method, does anyone know how to extract this from the back end thru tables, etc.

I am used to large ERP packages, so I would assume this is in the server somewhere.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

According to my understanding you would like to have information about the scheduled reports.

You can use the u201CInstance Manageru201D and its functionality.

You can schedule some reports through Infoview, and then check the status of the report as you wish i.e. successful, failed and pending through the Instance Manager.

It gives you the details such as Date and time of Execution of the report, Location of the report, Status etc.

As an administrator this gives you a brief overlook over all the users i.e. which user is executing which report and what is the status of that report.

You can find this in the list of Administrative Tools section on the left hand side of the Administrative launch pad

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

that shows me online info, but what I am looking for is a way to extract that into a report, or excel file. I need to distribute this kind of info to the higher ups, that don't have or want to view this interface.

Think of it like a status report of what has run, against what database, what is in test, what is in prod, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

For this kind of requirement i.e. having track of all the activities on the CR Sever I guess you need to enable Auditing as you would like to run report.

Yes the Instance Manager is an online tool.

I hope this helps you.

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not really looking for an audit of how many times a report ran, etc.

What I am looking for is a list of what reports are scheduled to run and against what database, that I can either send to a pdf or xls file. Think if it like a status report/output of what is scheduled, where, against what, when and so on. So if I had 500 reports in the system at anyone time, in various stages of development and atatched to 4 different databases, I would want to see a list of all 500 and each reports details/properties.

Let me put it this way - If your boss asked you for that type of status, how would you get that to him. Besides going screen by screen and copying and pasting one row at a time for hundreds of reports into a spreadsheet... and haviing to do that 3 times a week.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Out-of-the-box there isn't a feature that will consolidate all that information to be readily available. On the LaunchPad for BOE XIR2, on the left-hand side there is one sample that might be useful which shows the 'Report Datasources'.

Basically to extract this type of information from the CMS database you will need to create your own application that uses the Enterprise SDK to output to screen.

I would suggest posting your question to the .NET SDK forum as they may be able to point you to some samples.

The company APOS creates many applications using the Enterprise SDK. They may have one that meets your needs if you decide not to code your own application.

Regards,

Wallie

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post this query to the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forum:

That forum is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there. Also, all BOE queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek