Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bypass a prompt for broadcasted reports-designer only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm having a little question concerning @prompt, as I used it in WHERE clause

to force users to choose only dimension value at a time ('mono' option) to lower

down number of datas.

But as reports designer I'd like to bypass this prompt .. is-it possible through

standard option ? or should I implement a technical trick like create 'ALL' in lov

and make this value available only for designer?

I noticed an optional value user:0 in @prompt syntax but coulnd find any documentation

related to this, does anybody know how to use it ?

Thanks for your help,

Rgds,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

an optional value user:0 in @prompt syntax but coulnd find any documentation

related to this, does anybody know how to use it

"user:0" is for you to sequence your prompts. The default behavior is to present prompts in alphabetical order, however, if you set one to "user:0", another to "user:1", etc, etc, you can dictate the order in which the prompts are presented.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

By bypassing the prompt do you mean that the users should not be prompted to enter values in the prompt rather it should pick up a default value and generate the report on the basis of that.

There is no such way in Designer to bypass a prompt. We can add ALL in the LOVs of the object but still user's will be prompted for the value, here they can select ALL from the LOVs. You can also specify to Keep the Last Values Selected in the prompt. Hence everytime the report the prompt will appear with the Last Value that was passed. You can either change it if you want or can refresh the report with the same value.

To achieve this you can use "Persistent" parameter.

This parameter keeps the last entry in the prompt as the default value when reusing the prompt.

The syntax of @prompt then becomes:

@prompt('prompt','Data Type','LOV',Mono or Multi,Free or Constrained,Persistent or Not_Persistent,,User:0)

Here the User:0 or User:1 is used to specify the order of prompts as they should appear in the report.

BO XI 3.0 also has a feature of "Optional Prompt". You can define a prompt as optional, hence its not mandataory for the user to enter a value in the prompt.

I hope this should help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hit & thanks for answers,

The point is I want to allow users to pick only one dimension value at a time from the lov.

For development I would need to be able to pick several values, so at the end I just

want to pass 'mono' in @prompt for almost every user and 'multi' for the development team.

Do you have any suggestion ? (the @prompt has to be in the WHERE clause )

I was checking if I can find user' login into designer but I can not find it.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible using Row Level Restrictions under the Designer.

I am currently trying this at my end, will update you shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you will have to create two different Row Level Restrictions.

Under Where clause you can specify an @prompt with multi or mono for respective restrictions.

And then you can apply these two restrictions on appropriate users.

I have tried this and it works.