cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports 10, not exporting csv properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a crystal report that is used to format data from a sql2k database and a flat file. After the data is formatted it is normally exported to a csv file for import into our erp system.

The report was working fine until we patched the erp system. The ERP system utilizes some internal reports that rely on crystal reports 11 version 2. After the client where crystal 10 is located was patched (ERP), the application required the CD before the crystal 10 reports could be used for exporting. The data exports fine to excel and I can save the excel file to a csv and life is good. When the report is directly exported to csv from xtal two records are combined into one. I have half a mind to do everything in excel and scrap xtal but if someone has a way to keep me from doing an extra step or recreating the wheel I would be grateful. Please keep in mind that I am fairly new to xtal as I have inherited it.

I have applied service pack 6 with no improvement. Started with version 10.0.0.533 after service pack 10.05.1506.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phil,

Do you have a stand alone version of Crystal Reports Designer or just what is included with xtal? If you do not have the stand alone designer to test this in I would suggest contacting xtal.

If you can replicate this behaviour in the stand alone designer then what types of objects are being combined? Fields? (if so what type?), Formulas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking

Sez crystal reports 10 developer edition on the CD.

I have some formula fields and some database fields with two parameters to input. Group header 1 is supposed to come out as one record then the details are supposed to come out as another. With a CSV export they are combined into one. If I go to excel rather then csv they export as I would expect.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, so the group header information is repeating for each record. This is by design but there is a note (formerly kbase article) that details how to prevent this. Just search for 1196142.

The note is written for Page Headers repeating for each record and as your are only concerned about Group Headers repeating skip the first step and go directly to creating the registry key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

I have the same problem with Page Headers repeating for every record, and followed the steps on Note 1196142 but it doesn't work. I have Crystal Version 8.5. Don't I also need the corrected version of the .dll that handles the CSV exports? The previous KB (before this note) references U2FSEPV.DLL, version 8.6.2.475, dated 11/28/2003 as the correct version to fix this problem for 8.5. However I can't find this .dll in the Downloads section. Can you please tell me where to find it?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the directions in the KB the only change is now it exports to excel wrong.

Answers (0)