cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reflect db changes - Verify Database doesn't seem to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed a database (MS SQL Server) column from varchar 255 to varchar 1000, but the designer doesn't pick up the change.

I read that db changes can be picked up by using 'Verify Database' feature. It doesn't seem to work for us though. Is there any configuration to turn on for the feature to work properly or any work-around to refresh the database changes?

We are making the database connection using JDBC (JNDI) option since the report is being used in a Java web application.

Any comments or insights will be very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Are you able to create a new report off the modified database? Do new reports see the changes made to the database? Are the reports connecting directly to the database table, or is it a stored procedure, business view, universe being used?

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wallie,

Thank you very much for your reply! Here are the answers to your questions.

Are you able to create a new report off the modified database?

==> Yes.

Do new reports see the changes made to the database?

==> No.

Are the reports connecting directly to the database table, or is it a stored procedure, business view, universe being used?

==> Through a business view.

By the way, after trying so many things, I was able to figure out the reason. Since the report is using a view, not directly the table, the view itself had to be recompiled to reflect the table changes so that the view could pass the changes to the report. It was a very good thing to know. Your last question could have been a very helpful insight for this issue! Thank you so much again!