cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help required in ISA user management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus..........

I have created an BP in the role contact person and for this BP I have created an internet user , the internet user is created and the role is also asigned to it...............now the issue is when I am going to the transaction BP the address in displayed for this BP as well as in transaction SU01, but when I am going to ISA user management its not showing the address for this BP created..............

Please provide ur valuable inputs so that i can proceed futher...I am really new to this so please try to understand the question..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Did you try this Note 991867 - Missing address data in company result list? See if this can fix your problem.

regards,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this in a thread written by Gerhard Djuracek from SAP, perhaps it will help you:

We distinguish 3 categories of addresses.

Addresscategory 1, address for organisations

Addresscategory 2, address for persons

Addresscategory 3, address on a relationship.

The address on a relationship is built of an address from an organisation. But it's not the whole address from that specific organisation, it's only, let's call it the postal part. Things like street, city, postal code and so on. The name part is taken from the person, which is involved in that relationship.

So we have here a mixture of Addresscategory 1 and Addresscategory 2. The communication data, we have only 3 communication categories on a

relationship, phone, fax and E-Mail address, is not taken from the organisation or the person's address. The communication data used on a relationship, is that one, which you can maintain in the section address data after having assigned an address to the relationship.

Any changes on any comm data of the organisation, will have no effect on the comm data of the relationship. Only changes on the address of the organisation, which will effect those fields, we called above the postal part of an address, will be taken into account for the address on the relationship.

In CRM, the contact person is a business partner of type person and can have many addresses of type 2, but only the standard address is

exchanged with the home address in the R/3 system. If you create a relationship of category 'contact person', you can have an address of type 3 for every address of the customer, but only the standard address of type 3 is exchanged with the contact person's address of type 3 in R/3.

The concept of the business address does not exist in CRM. If a contact person is working for different customers, you create different relationships of category 'contact person' instead of creating a business address.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards, Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Mike,

Thanks for your prompt answer it is really helpful to understand the address concept but here we are taking abt the internet user as a whole if I am creating a internet user and the address is displayed in the SU01 transaction then for the same user when I am in internet user management screen why the address is not coming??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are working in a B2B application.

The http://crmserver:51000/isauseradm/useradmin/init.do is essentially used only to create the Relationship and the login/password. The address is essentially assigned as stated by Gerhard in that the BP address is given to the CP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Mike

You are absolutely right that I am working on a B2B scenario, but in ISA user managment (from Web UI )screen I am not able to see the address of this Bp created,however in transaction BP in the ine internet user tab the user name is displayed along with the roles.............Can u please guide what to be done in this case

With Best Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

You will not see an address for the CP in the BP transaction and should not. When you mail something to them, the address is pulled from the organization address the person is assigned to via the CP role...not the address of the person.

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Mike is right. In the BP transaction, you will the address of the Contact Person, as in SAP GUI, he will be accessed as a Business Partner. However, when you use the User Management interface, the address you see is for the Sold to Party OR the Organization, whom the Contact Person, you have assigned.

In order to see the address in the User Management screen, you may need to maintain the same in transaction BP for the Organization, not the Contact Person.

I hope you have followed now.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Mike

Thanks for the answer..................Realy want to appreciate your prompt answer and guidence.

Thanks

With Best Rewards

Mayank Choudhary