cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Publishing .net project which uses Crystal and Business Objects dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have Developed a .net Application to view the Crystal Reports.

My Development Machine has got BusinessObjects XI Release2 and I have no issues running or publishing the .net Project on my Dev Machine.

But when i try to publish the same project using a different server, it throws me the following Error. I don't know whether i need to install Crystall Reports on that server or not.

(0): error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25b7f603\6cabf8fa\assembly\dl3\f36a9992\00b9261b_d65bc701\BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.DLL' could not be opened -- 'Error importing module 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.netmodule' of assembly 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25b7f603\6cabf8fa\assembly\dl3\f36a9992\00b9261b_d65bc701\BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.DLL' -- The system cannot find the file specified. '

Please advice me, What am i doing wrong and what are the requirements to publish the .net Project which uses Crystal and businessobjects dlls'

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There are a lot of cases in this Forums on publishing .NET applications. Please search before logging new posts.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AG

Before I came here to post in this forum, I have actually did tried to run the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 install from the url you have mentioned. But unfortunately i gave up, because it was asking for the Product key, and i have entered the same product key, which i have used to install the business objects client components on my DEV machine. But for some reason that product key doesn't worked for this run time dll's

Do you have any idea, whether, do we need to have a seperate product key to install that run time dll's.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Williams

I have spent quite a bit of time digging through lot of posts, before came to this forum, to seek any advice.

I want to know, what do a server needs to have, to publish my .net application.

We don't want to install any Client Components on that server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge goes you need to supply the crystal runtimes to the machine so that the reports runs fine from the application. The runtimes are available [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp].

Hope that helps!

AG.