cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF 5.2 - Retrieve Change Log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our FF configuration, we have "Retrieve Change Log" set to YES. When we view our log reports, we can indeed see some change log information, but not all. In other words, for some transactions, change history is being captured and is viewable in the log report; but for others, change history is not being captured (or at least is not viewable in the log report). Can anyone explain why this would be?

According to the FF 5.2 User Guide:

Firefighter captures two levels of logs: a Transaction log and the SAP Change log. The

Transaction level information is captured from the STAT Data. *The Change Log*

+information is captured from the SAP Change Log that is stored in the CDHDR table. The+

Retrieve Change Log parameter specifies whether you to capture Change log

information. The parameter value can be set to YES, or NO. If this parameter is set to YES,

both Transaction information and Change Log information (including document number,

old value, new value etc.) are captured when when the Background Job executes.

I'm looking for an explanation as to what exactly is being captured in this change log and what's going on behind the scenes? When I have "Retrieve Change Log" set to YES in my FF configuration, am I supposed to be seeing all change history for all transactions and if so, any ideas why I am only seeing change history for some transactions?

Thank you very much!!

Jes

Edited by: Jes Behrens on Sep 5, 2008 9:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

Table logging must be activated in order to retrieve change documents logs. It is the case only for a few tables by default. Beware of performance and space issues while activating too many logs.

Have a look at the following document to get more information:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0c5ae74-a3db-2910-3b91-b543b4be...

Regards,

Jérôme.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest that you check when the VFATBAK job is running and possibly set up a second job. Also make sure that VFATBAK is synchronised with the RSCOLL00 job. ie: RSCOLL00 finishes before VFATBAK starts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, logging is performed via change documents (CDHDR table). You can see the u201Cchange documentsu201D for each table by executing transaction SE16 and viewing table TCDOB (objects for change document creation). Type the name of the table you want to view change documents into the TABNAME field and select execute. You can also view the fields in each table selected for logging by executing transaction AUT01.

It appears that SAP automatically logs/creates change documents for ALL master and transactional data in the financial accountancy.

So to conclude, only SOME tables have associated change documents and therefore only some tables enable detailed logging.