cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Asset when creating Equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following scenario I have setup. First I create a new asset. Then I create a Purchase order (PO) with Account Assignment Asset where I use the new created asset. In the PO I use a material with serial number profile. During the Goods Recipts (GR), de costs are automatically posted to the asset that was used in the PO. And during GR the Equipments are automatically created based on the serial number profile. So far so good. But this scenarios created no link between the asset and the equipment. And I know how to setup synchronization between assets and equipment, but that is if you create an equipment and you want automatically the asset to be created. In our case the asset was already created before the PO and all I want is that the asset is updated with the equipment number at the moment tha the equipment is created during GR. I hope anyone can help me with this.

Thanks and regards.

Roel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have linked the asset and material via equipment master a while ago. Please try below and let me know if you have any further questions.

Cofig-steps

1. Create a non-valuated Material 'Test' and assign serial no profile ex. 0001.

2. Configure a Asset Class (Ex. 2000) to create equipment along with asset (search IMG for 'Automatic Creation of Equipment Master Records')

Steps:

1. Create PO with Material 'Test' , Account Assignment Category 'A'. In ME21N, Create a new asset in asset class (ex. 2000). Equipment master is auto created.

2. GR the material with a serialnumber or use equipment# itself as serial#. Equipment gets added in the Product structure of the material.

3. Invoice posting assigns the value to asset.