cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Receiver MailAdapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help needed: I have problems to set up a connection from XI to MailServer, in order to send a mail (RECEIVER MailAdapter)

XI:System: NetWeaver 7.0

MailSystem: MS Exchange 2007

Problem is, that MS Exchange requires TLS (but NOT SSL ).

I have read many Blogs/Threads, but have not found yet, whether it is in principle possible to set up this TLS (instead of SSL)

I tried with Server: smtp://host and smtps://host - both failed

The connection to the server failes in both cases with:

a) server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication (SSL off): smtp://host )

b) unable to create a socket (SSL on: smtps://host )

Any idea out there ?

(switch to SSL or None on MS Excange is denied by our Mail-Admin , aslo IMAP will not be supported for outgoing mails)

Bye the way: SENDER Mail Adapter via IMAP works !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to look into the link below in which there is a idoc to mail scenario using mail package format.http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/IDoctoMail/demo.htm

Hope this could be helpfull.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply and the link.

But unfortunately this does not help.

There is no problem to set up / configure all the Interfaces, Mappings, Communication channels at all.

The matter is, that I don't know how to set up the connection with TSL encryption (instead of SSL or None) in the CommunicationChannel itself. I don't believe that this can be handled inside the payload or mail-content.

One idea may be, that in the MailAdapter itself the TSL must be implemented (by SAP ? ) or can I do this on my own ?