Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Mail not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a strange problem.

I am trying to send mail from workflow. I have created a workflow with just one send mail step. I have configured the initiator as an agent. When I execute the workflow, the workflow gets completed stating mail sent. I recieve the work item as a document in the SAP Inbox. But the mail is not received in my outlook.

I have checked the following:

1. Workflow Automatic Customizing is properly done(The RFC Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_CCC is configured)

2. The user WF-BATCH has email ID and communication method as RML. I also tried with communication method email.

3. In the SCOT the settings are correctly done. When I send the mail from SBWP it is sending mail and receiving in outlook successfully.

However when I check SOST, I was unable to see any mail request from my workflow.

How can I debug this and solve the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

check in tcode SWI1 where exactly the workflow stucks , is it coming to that step or not and it will also let u know the reason why the particular is not completed.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get mail to Outlook, you have to do the following. In your Business workplace ( SAP Inbox thru SBWP), goto this location.

Menu "Settings>Office Settings->Automatic Fwding>Create user(the create button in the bottom)->In the Fwd to, add your mail address & select "Internet Address"--Save".

You should now get e-mail to your Outlook.

Just remember, this is ONLY for Notifications that you receive into your "Documents" folder in SAP Inbox, NOT the Witems.

If you want the witems also in your Outlook, use Extend. Notifi if you are with ECC 5.0 or 6.0.

Search for "Extended Notification" material here.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Its very strange. I tested the same work flow with a different user and the mail is coming to mailbox without automatic forwarding. The other user is a copy of the first user with different mail ID(both gmail ID).

For the first user I assigned the automatic forwarding options and it sends the mail.

This is very strange since the landscape is the same, configuration is same. Then why do we have different behavior for different users.

Any explanations?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge, if you have User id in the Agents of SendMail task, then you have to do the Auto. Mail Fwding. It doesn't come automatically.

Are you sure, that you specified only the SAP user id in the agents in both the cases ?

Also, check the settings under the tab "Mail Sy. Grp" in Transaction SO16, the Shared Office Settings.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the mail goes to your Microst Outlook automatically oif you send a mail to SAP User Id if your email address is maintained in SU01 Transaction code with the SAP User Id. Also make sure the SCOT transaction is configured. Please search for configuration of SCOT in this forum.

Thanks

Arghadip