Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Inventory with ckecked option 'Block Negative Inventory'

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Does somebody know why B1 (2005A SP01 PL31) lets me issue goods for production that end up in a negative inventory although I have checked the option 'Block negative Inventory'?

Thanks

Franz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note No. 863791. Check if you care dealing with multiple Warehouses for the Item.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have multiple warehouses for the items. I have read Note 863791 and that leads me to the following question:

Does checking this option in ItemMaster Data somehow influence MRP, Sales or Purchasing?

I want these to work using all Warehouses, thats why I have not ticked 'Manage Inventory by Warehouses' in Admin/SysInit/DocSettings/General.

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Manage Inventory by Warehouse" setting affects a number of different functions. As indicated, it means that negative inventory may be blocked by warehouse, rather than all warehouses added together. Similarly, warnings about inventory falling below minimum and the item availability check will refer only to the quantity in the specific warehouse, instead of the combination of all warehouses. In addition, this setting causes the item cost, minimum, maximum, and required fields to appear at the warehouse level rather than for the item as a whole.

I haven't worked much with MRP, but my understanding is that it considers the total quantity of all warehouses, as well as open SO's and PO's for all warehouses, regardless of this setting.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

The negative inventory check is not handled perfectly in 2005A version. I have a case even with all the necessary settings ready, it still allow negative quantity due to the quantity in multiple warehouse combination is not negative. Especially when you post inventory item with previous date, care must be given.

Thanks,

Gordon