Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trying to use signal in and signal out but couldn't pass parameters

Hi all,

I am trying to use Signal out from 1st iview and trying to get the same parameters to the second iview where this iview gets populated when i click a button in result of first iview.

I have created these two iviews in same model and it deployed without errors.

When i run the first iview and give the parameters and say submit i get the result and when i click a button a new iview opens(requirement) but its not taking the same parameters as i have given in first iview.

Could any one give me suggestions how to use them or where should i correct it.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

please follow these steps you will be able to achieve the results:

1.> Go to the form of the first iview.Drag output port and create signal out with proper name.Click the link created in between the signal out and the form and give a proper name(event name). This name you have to mentioned in the button action property.Go to the form and click the button property.Then in action tab you can mentioned the action as custom action.

2.> Configure the signal out means select the fields which you want to transfer to the other iview.

3.> Then go to the other layer and drill down in that.

4.> create a form and drag input port of it and create a signal in and give the same name as you have mentioned in the signal out.

5.> configure the signal in. And give all the fields which you have mentioned in the signal out.(it is case sensitive, so better give the correct names)

6.> Double click the form and select all the fields which you want to be visible on the form.

7.> just save nad deploy the model and you can transfer data between the two iviews.

You can check with this link having same type of issue:

pass data between forms in different layers

Regards,

Nutan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question