Homogeneous system copy on windows abap + java with a backup online
Hello gurus, I need to perform a refresh (HSC) from our production to our test system. we have a daily backup online that I want to use for restoring the test system .
from the procedure it's not clear how to proceed .
as my point of view i should say :
1) perform a restore redirect using backup online
2) export on the production the java side using database specific tools
3) import the java side on the restored database (when it stops to ask me to restore database i will use the backup created by the export procedure)
4) apply all the logs to the end of export of java to put the database in a consistente state
5) finish the procedure of import
my question marks are related to the step 2) and 3) . the restored database will keep the data of java side from the second backup (export) run by sapinst?
and.. do I have to apply logs till the export is finished to put db in a consistente state?
someone of you have performed it once ?
any advice is greatly apprechated