Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI ActiveX component - how to get started?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I will develop a MS Access application (VBA) that communicates with the client's SAP MM and PM modules. Basically the Access application will extract data but also, in a next step, send some data back to SAP.

Now, I have read a bit about the BAPI ActiveX component that one can use in order to develop code in VBA to communicate with SAP, but I am not sure how to get started. Therefore I have a couple of questions that I would be more than happy if someone could help me out with:

1) Where do I get the BAPI ActiveX component? I guess that I must add a reference to it in my VBA development environment.

2) I currently don't have SAP on my work station but I expect that I sooner or later will get access to the client's development instance of SAP in order to test against. But until then, what can I do to progress?

3) Is the BAPI ActiveX component the best way for me to progress or are there other means to communicate with the SAP system that are preferred?

Many thanks in advance to those that can help me with one or all of my questions.

Kind regards,

Younes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the necessary *.dll by downloading the SAP GUI