cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Section printing by Week - change start of week day

Former Member
0 Kudos

In words that a non-techi such as I can understand, could someone please help me?

Within the Change Group Options in Crystal at the bottom is an item "The Section will be printed:" and a number of options in a drop down box. I use this quite regularly to summarise into months with no problem.

However I need to use it to summarise into weeks - sometimes these weeks will begin on a Monday or a Friday or a Saturday, rather than the system default of Sunday.

Is there a simple way of changing the Start of Week day that this option uses?

Many thanks

She

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a simple formula that will let you change the start day of the week. if you search for that in here you should be able to retrieve it in another message. Do you want the option to have the user change the day when the report is run, if so you could create a parameter for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your very prompt response Sharon.

Maybe I should have given more information?

I am aware of the First Day of Week constants (is that what you were meaning?) but no matter what day I select, crMonday or crSaturday say, it doesn't seem to affect the Group Section printing which always seems to print from Sunday no matter what.

I'm basically looking to summarise data for customers into weeks. Some customers 'weeks' run from Sunday to Saturday, which obviously isn't a problem, but some run from Monday to Sunday.

I'm sure I could set up a parameter but I can't believe there's not a simple way of getting this pre-set option to vary?

She

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this to start with Monday,

Create a formula on the date field as follows

-DayOfWeek (,crMonday )+1

and insert new group for each day on this formula.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Raghavendra - you're a genius!

I can't quite get my head around why it works, but it certainly does.

Now I'm going to go away and play and put together a parameter that automatically feeds the correct start day into this (I know, you're probably well ahead of me on that, but I want to try for myself) !

Thank you so much!

She

Answers (0)