cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best practice with otr texts in wd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when I enhance a wd component I want to work with otr texts and I have two questions:

1. Is the best way to store the otr texts in a separate new package or in the still existing package of the enhanced wd component?

2. Makes it sense to fetch even the static texts in the abap coding (not the ui elements) like message manager from the otr or is it then overacting?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to your questions.

1. Is the best way to store the otr texts in a separate new package or in the still existing package of the enhanced wd component?

A. You can create OTR texts any where as long as the transport goes along with the webdynpro component. Its always good to have the OTR in the same package. Its more like the text element concept in ABAP.

2. Makes it sense to fetch even the static texts in the abap coding (not the ui elements) like message manager from the otr or is it then overacting?

A. Its a good habit to fetch all the static text from OTR. this helps in several ways.

a) If the message is used n number of times then you just have to change the text in OTR and it reflects all

b) If the message needs to be displayed in a different language then just the OTR needs to be maintained for the alias in a different language.

Regards,

Kinshuk