cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Xcelsius SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I've been applying the tutorial 1 of Xcelcius SDK, I have met 2 problems. I will be grateful if anyone could help me.

I'm pretty sure I've done everything the tutorial instructed me to do, but when I add the component :

- 3 components are added with numbers, there should be only one.

- All the properties are shown, even if I used CxInspectableList to show only 2 properties.

Screenshot is below :

[http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotck5.jpg]

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I might know the reasons why:

*1). Duplicate add-ons listed. *

There is a logged bug for this.

When remove your add-on from Xcelsius 2008 1 style file gets left behind. The name of your add-on is used as part of the filename.

You then probably renamed your add-on in the add-on packager (in the first tab, this is the name that you see for your add-on in the add-on manager).

This means you will end up with two or more files (that have different names) but essentially have the same information in them.

The way to sort this out is to:

a). Close Xcelsius 2008.

b). Go to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Xcelsius\assets\styles\all\xml

c). In this folder delete the xml files that have the old name of your add-on in them.

d). Restart Xcelsius 2008 and you should be good to go.

2). All properties shown in the Default Property Sheet.

When you use the Xcelsius 2008 Default Property Sheet you have to tell the Adobe Flex compiler to keep additional metadata (for Styles, Inspectable and CxInspectableList).

You do this by adding in additional compiler args in Flex Builder:

-locale en_US -keep-as3-metadata+=Inspectable,CxInspectableList,Style

Adobe Flex only keeps the additional metadata (that you ask for with compiler args) in the debug version of your SWF. To get the same metadata in a release version of the SWF you have to build using the MXMLC command-line compiler instead. Refer to the Xcelsius 2008 Component SDK Guide for an example of this in the Package your component as an Xcelsius 2008 Add-On section.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt. This solved both of my problems.

Answers (0)