Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Subreports - passing of data

I am relatively new to the Clear Quest and Crystal Reports family of programs - so please be patient with my limited knowledge.

I am using Crystal Reports to design reports for the Clear Quest configuration management application.

I have been experimenting with subreports, and it appears that the same query used in the main report is used for the subreport.

It also appears that since the same query is used, the subreport gets the same data.

This seems to negate the benefit of using subreports.

Can anyone confirm this?

Is there any mechanism for using a different query for a subreport - than for the main report?

Thanks in advance!

replied

Dan,

If I understand correctly you want to use a subreport that uses the same connection as the main report and that is what you currently have. However you are saying that the results in the subreport are the same as the main report.

1) Just to clarify, a subreport runs a separate query than the main report, even if the queries are the same.

2) If you are connecting to a Stored procedure in both the main and sub reports then it will return the same results.

3) Check the record selection formulas of the main and sub reports, are they the same? This is what will filter the data so if you have different filtering criteria for the subreport you will need to edit the selection formula for it.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question