cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using same webdypro iview with DEV and QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have the webdynpro program iview in EP 7.0 , however, I would like to change the same webdynpro iveiw with different client in Sap DEV and QAS, Is it possible? Or how to change the connection to SAP system.

Please kindly advise.

Thank you and best regards,

Vimol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimol,

Yes, you can do it.

Procedure :

Logon to NWDS : -> Windows-> Preferances->J2ee Engine

First mention the QAS system on which you want to deploy the application.

Then change these parameters and point to the DEV system.

Now, you have finished deploying the application in both the servers successfully.

1.Logon to the QAS system

http://fqdn:portnumber/sld

2.login as a J2ee_admin

3.Create a technical system and test the jcos that you are using in your application there. After the JCOs are tested and pinged successfully, run the application and test.

4. Finally, create a web dynpro iview and assign it to the users or roles you want.

Repeat the same steps for your DEV system and you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Where can I set the parameter to access that this is dev or QAs and User and password.

I still confused, please kindly more clarify . or tell me your email address.

VImol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol,

You can find my address in my business card.

Well, to answer your question as I suggested earlier.

Open NWDS in the menu bar in NWDS you would find an option WINDOW then click on PREFERANCES

There you will only point to the message server and message port

For Message port :

access this url using j2ee_admin

http://FQDN:portnumber/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo here you have your message port number.

That is all you would be doing here...just pointing to the required server.

Then when you start deploying the application, it would ask you to enter the SDM password , enter the corresponding password and the application is deployed on the server.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I think that i explain my requirment you wrong. I have only EP dev and EP PRD. However, On EP DEV need to connect to SAP R/3 DEV and R/3 QAS. I don't want attched the username in every webdynpro everyprogram. How can do config in IVIEW to selection that the IVIEW need to change to connect in R/3 DEV or R/3 QAS ??

Please kinly advise.

Vimol

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol Siricharoenthai,

If you want your EP Dev System to communicate with R/3 Dev and R/3 QA Systems , You need to create the corresponding system Objects with system allias. Based on them, you can create any transaction IViews by selectiong the corresponding system aliases.

However , if you want to run the WebDynpro Java application from EP DEV to R/3 QA system , you need to use corresponding System when u create the model in your application. and then run it.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Please kindly advise for step for to create correspondant system.

Thank and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this link for system creation details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (0)