cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there a change in method names for ABAP Proxies ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am wondering if there was a change in the method names when using ABAP proxies.

In my projects there were always the methods execute_synchronous and execute_asynchronous when generating proxies.

In a current project i created some ABAP proxies and the method names are not the same any longer. Now the method takes the name of the Message interface. I observed this in Backendsystems NW2004s (Basis 7.0) with SP14 and 15. It seems that it has changed since the sproxy was integrated in SE80.

Can anybody tell me, how i can use the "old" method names again when generating proxies ?

Best regards,

martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i am wondering if there was a change in the method names when using ABAP proxies.

> In my projects there were always the methods execute_synchronous and execute_asynchronous when generating proxies.

Yes. In order to allow several operations for a message interface, the methods of the ABAP proxies get the operation name as method instead of a constant (the Java proxies alwas had this behaviour).

> Can anybody tell me, how i can use the "old" method names again when generating proxies ?

This is not possible. After regenerating the proxies, you have to adjust the caller program.

Not regenerated proxies are not affected.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i guess they did in more SOA way. If u see it says connecting to ESR rather than integration repository.

Yes. In order to allow several operations for a message interface, the methods of the ABAP proxies get the operation name as method instead of a constant (the Java proxies alwas had this behaviour).

could u pl highlight what other operations are allowed on message interface rather than sending a message to the XI either in synchronous or asynchronous manner?

Thanks and Regards

Rajeev Patkie

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you connect the application system with PI 7.1, you can generate Abap proxies derived from interfaces with several operations. The proxy corresponding to such an interface provides a method for each operation. The method name is derived from the operation name.

For PI 7.0 interfaces the operation name and interface name are the same, as only one operation (sync or async) is allowed.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)