Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Was there a change in method names for ABAP Proxies ???

Hi all,

i am wondering if there was a change in the method names when using ABAP proxies.

In my projects there were always the methods execute_synchronous and execute_asynchronous when generating proxies.

In a current project i created some ABAP proxies and the method names are not the same any longer. Now the method takes the name of the Message interface. I observed this in Backendsystems NW2004s (Basis 7.0) with SP14 and 15. It seems that it has changed since the sproxy was integrated in SE80.

Can anybody tell me, how i can use the "old" method names again when generating proxies ?

Best regards,

martin

Former Member replied

> i am wondering if there was a change in the method names when using ABAP proxies.

> In my projects there were always the methods execute_synchronous and execute_asynchronous when generating proxies.

Yes. In order to allow several operations for a message interface, the methods of the ABAP proxies get the operation name as method instead of a constant (the Java proxies alwas had this behaviour).

> Can anybody tell me, how i can use the "old" method names again when generating proxies ?

This is not possible. After regenerating the proxies, you have to adjust the caller program.

Not regenerated proxies are not affected.

Regards

Stefan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question