Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Close PO relate Inbound Deliveries w/o posting goods issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently someone helped me in trying to find the status in the ABAP Dictionary of an Inbound Delivery. So thanks!

I have another question, is there a way to close the Inbound Delivery without posting to goods issue or while its still open in the document flow.

I want to ask because the business requirment needs to clsoe these Inbound Delivery Documents for archiving purposes and in SAP they are never closed since the Material Document is created (via MB01) w/o SAP referncing it to the Delivery Document.

I was thinking maybe I can tag a field somewhere or use a BAPI/FM to do this.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you and good day.

1 REPLY 1

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to define what exactly do you mean by "close".

As far as I understand, if there has been no goods movement ("goods issue" is for the outbound deliveries, inbound deliveries create "goods receipt", just FYI) or TOs created against a delivery, it can be simply permanently deleted from the database. The corresponding purchase order would then have to be also deleted or somehow rejected (not sure if there is something similar to the SD "rejection reason" in PTP). As an alternative, the PO quantity could probably be changed to 0.

Also it might be an option to change both the received and delivery quantity to 0 and then do "post goods receipt". This should not create any goods movement, but will most likely set the delivery status to 'complete".

Unfortunately, I don't have a system with the deliveries right now to verify these theories...