cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do the process of sending material for testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody,

there is one scenario in which i have to send excisable material for testing purpose outside the plant and that material will not be comming back as it will be consumed at the time of testing.

hence i want to know how to do this in sap.

pls let me know solution asap.

ujwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can map this scenario in SAP by the following process

1.Create the service PO for the test vendor to perform the testing services.

2.Release the PO if the release strategy is applicable.

3.Since the material send for testing will not come back, scrap the material by MB1A with 551 Mvt type for any dummy cost center.

4.Do the J1IH - Excise JV for Scrapped material, as this is a excisable material.

5.Create the service entry sheet for the services performed by the vendor.

6.Do the LIV for Service PO.

For the J1IH process

Making Adjustment Postings for Scrap

Use

You follow this procedure if you have scrapped a material and want to reverse the excise duty debited to your CENVAT account.

Procedure

From the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Indirect Taxes ® Excise JV ® Create ® Matl write-off.

Enter data as required, including:

Document number

Enter the number of the document that you used to scrap the material.

CENVAT account selection group box

Specify which account is affected by the adjustment posting is for. If the posting does not have to be remitted immediately, select Fortnightly payment.

Choose .

The system displays the information from the material document.

Adjust the posting date as necessary.

Adjust the excise duty for each line item either:

Manually

By assigning the line item to an excise invoice

Specify which G/L accounts are to be posted to.

Save the adjustment posting.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you send the material for testing (for ur case , it looks like a Dustructive testing), excise duty will be payable when the material is moved out of the plant (I assume that the testing site is outside the plant boundaries. If it is not the case, then things should be simpler).

Ask your SD consultant to Map it like a sample sale. You can create sale order for free goods, create proforma invoice agaist this order...create Excise invoice against this proforma invoice.