cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Bar Configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to add a view to Navigation Bar as Work Center.

If i click on this Work Center, it should launch the view.

Could you please guide me on how to achieve this ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can find a [SDN Guide for UI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/302d8152-002b-2b10-34bd-9ff3c712dd4b] in the [thread 967298|;.

Let me know if helpful.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately this is not im looking for.

I need configuration steps.

Regards,

Srikanth

PeCo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I hope you already have some background knowledge so that the following steps would be of help for you:

1.) Make sure that your view is embedded in a window of your UI component. Windows can be exposed by a component as interface view so that they can be addressed from the outside world. You need to expose the window by defining the corresponding Interface View in the runtime repository of your component.

2.) Define your UI component/ window as Workarea Component in the IMG in the node CRM -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Work Area Component Repository.

In the Inbound Plug Definition branch define a Target ID as entry point for the windows inbound plug. Objecttype/ action are optional and only of use for cross-component navigation.

3.) In the Navigation Bar Customizing (IMG node CRM-> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Navigation Bar Profile ) do the following steps:

a) Create a Logical Link of type Work Center for the Target ID you created in the previous step.

b) Define a Work Center for the Logical Link in the previous step.

c) Assign this Work Center to the Navigation Bar Profile/s used in the Business Roles you intend to show the Work Center.

4.) Make sure that the new Work Center is active (not disabled) in the Business Role Customizing (IMG node CRM-> Business Roles -> Define Business Role ) for the relevant Business Roles.

That's it!

Good Luck & Best regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

This info is very helpful.

I rewarded you the points