cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planned cost on WBS element don't show up on cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have entered some planned cost on a WBS element using CJ40 change cost planning. Plan integreationn is active on the WBS element. As responsible cost center I have entered Production. Plan integration is also defined for the controlling area in the year 2008, the year in which I have entered the planned costs. I would expect to see the planned costs on plan/actual reports for the cost center Production, however costs don't show. Don't know what I did wrong or forgot to do, who can help?

Thanks, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may need to activate user status write plan items

if you are entering plan cost via CJ40 how will cost centre get affected anyway?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally was able to post planned primary cost on WBS elements that show up on cost center and profit center.

The approach I used:

Define User Status using OK02. In this program assign object types Project definition and WBS elements. Allow 'Write plan line item' transaction to the user status.

Now start OPSA to create/change project profile.In Control tab under Status Management enter the user status in fields PD sts profile and WBS sts profile.

Create the project (CJ20N) and assign the correct project profile to project and WBS. In the tab Control Data, Default values for new WBS elements, define the user status you have just create as WBS status profile.

Plan primary costs using CJ40 and post the planned costs. Cost do show up on cost center and profit center reports.

There might be other ways to do it, but this worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question, I am just entering the beautifull world of SAP, and discovering the possibilities, do's and dont's. My line of thinking is that because the WBS element has been assigned to a responsible cost center (and to a profit center) and because plan integratioin is activated costs should show up both on the cost center and the profit center. Why wouldn't it work like this?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Welcome to SAP

Unfortunately just entering resp cost centre does not behave as you have commented.

You need to have netwoeks where you assign work centres - as part of work centre master data activity types and cost centres are allocated. These are the plans that get integrated at network level and can be seen as cost centre planning if any.

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but as you rightly said welcome to SAP !!

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra, thx for your answers and putting me on the right track. I understand from your answer it is never possible to just enter WBS elements, enter plans for them and see the planned costs in cost center or work center, you always need to have networks involved? I wonder then why there is a possiblity to enter plans on WBS element level as they apparantly never show on cost center or profit center?

Thx, Paul