cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

garbled text in text object

Former Member
0 Kudos

When opening a Crystal report in Visual Studio Team 2008, the text object appears with garbled text. When I double click the object the correct text appears.

This also happens if I create a new report or add further text objects to the report.

Even the preview of the report is also garbled.

Please can someone help. I just can't find a solution to the problem.

I have re-installed win xp pro, and re-installed visual studio. Still the same problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

If this is only occurring in Visual Studio Team and not the stand alone Crystal Reports Deisgner then I would recommend posting this in the Business Objects SDK Application Development > >Net forum.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Yes I am using True Type Fonts.

I am guessing that it might be something to do with windows applying font substitution. But I do not understand this enough to prove it.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please check whether the font that you are using a true type fonts.

Regards,

Hitesh Mangtani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hitesh,

I have managed to establish that I am infact using opentype fonts for 'Arial' and 'Times New Roman'.

Opentype fonts are not supported in Visual Studio Team 2008 under windows xp. They only work with Vista.

If I change the font in the text object to a Truetype font it works fine.

This is a serious bug/issue which microsoft needs to address asap.

If you know that the issue has been resolved, please post a link to the resolution, as I have to change the type face to resolve as important issue.