cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Code group field in Counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PMExperts

I just want to know that what is the use of code group field in counter.

How will it generates a notification automatically.

Rgards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganpat,

This code group having codes. Now this code group have catalog 1 (Characteristics).

Now if you select notification type in your maintenance plan this code group get attached to it in notification.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Kausal and Santosh for your valuable input.

I have one more doubt that this code group will automatically assigned to counter after reaching a certain reading.

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dera rakesh,

during counter creation, we enter code goup. and after saving, one counter will be created..

ok.

now when you will make measuring document, code group will be displayed here in field valuation code.

you askded second question . give points for each answer if both question were diffrent and u satisfied with answres.

regards,

santosh

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganpat,

I Am sorry I could not tell you that by assigning this code group in counter of equipment will not create notification automatically.

Normally this is case where R/3 is interfaced with External System like PLC or DCS.

This is for PM-PCS interface. Please look into this topic. Here notification created automatically when codes defined in R/3 is not matching with code defined in PLC data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/af/cb53f9461411d189f20000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Regards,

kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 5, 2008 5:05 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can use code groups to your measuring point.

In turn this code group can be used to assign the required information for the measring document by selecting the required catlogue code from the dropdown.

By using this code you can have your specfic need fullfillment.

Like I create a measuring point for stoppgae registration. Let us assume that I have ten variet of stoppages. I will make list & make its ne catlogue code assign it to the measuing point.

Now whenever I create a measuing document I can select out of these codes repsctive code for stoppages.

Now if I need to create a notification against the reuired input this is to be done by min & max lenel in measuing ponit & activating the customer exixts to create a notifiaction.

Further if you want notifiaction should get triggerd if particular soppage code is there that can be done in exit development.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, rakesh,

code group field in counter is used for making opening, closing entry [measuring documents]of any vehicle. by this you cant create auto notification.

regards,

santosh