cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Server xi and Crystal report 2008 Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a crystal report server running (version xi) and have designed some reports using crystal report 2008.

My problem is that I have used barcodes in the new reports and the server throws up an error about the barcode dll.

Error message is

Unable to retrieve Object.

Error in File Report: Error in formula . 'BarcodeC39ASCII( ToText(CurrentFieldValue) )' UFL 'u2lbcode.dll' that implements this function is missing.

Can I copy this dll to the server so that it runs ?

Also, is there a crystal report server 2008, I dont see an install option on my CD?

Is my only option to purchase Crserver 2008 ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Crystal Reports 2008 is the version of the report designer to be used with BusinessObjects Enterprise XI3.0. Crystal Reports Server is two versions away from CR2008 which may not contain some of the new features/files included in CR2008.

You might be able to copy the barcode DLL to CR Server XI to make it work, but this is not a supported workaround.

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone technical that could help me?

I need to know how to get these barcode dll's installed on my Crystal reports server so that the above mentioned error goes away.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If you check in Crystal Reports designer when you created your formula, you will notice in the 'Function Tree' of the Formula editor the DLL that responsible for 'Barcode39ASCII'. The DLL is u25azalea.dll.

Since this DLL was only shipped for CR2008 and not Crystal Reports XI there may be other dependencies. As far as the location where it should be placed for CRS-XI, it would most likely need to reside in:

\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.x\bin

Regards,

Wallie

Answers (0)