cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Layout not working when using the Webdynpro Compiler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a simple input form using VC, using the absolute layout for my UI elements. I would like to use this form in a guided procedure. The only callable object is WD4VC so I cannot use the Flash or Flex2 compilers (the form looks fine when I compile in Flash and Flex2). When I compile in webdynpro all UI elements appear in a column.

Does the Webdynpro compiler overwrite the absolute setting? Is there a way to get my form layout to view correctly using the webdynpro compiler.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Yeteen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Webdynpro compiler will not support all the control s what you had designed.

And make sure that when you designing the Model ,what compiler you had slected becasue flex will support more features tahan Webdynpro

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that, it looks like the guided procedures only supports the Visual Composer webdynpro callable objects. When I

use flash or flex2 I cannot create it as a callable object in the guided procedure.

Regards,

Yeteen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you can creat the callable objects using Flex2 also

Thank,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu

I am not aware that this is possible, (based on SAP note 1004108 Release Restrictions of CE 7.1 ). I am doing the following:

1) I create my VC app and deploy to the portal (compiled in flex2)

2) Create a callable object of type WD4VC (is this correct?)

3) my deployed app does not appear in the list of applications.

I would appreciate any information on how to do this.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

here we are talking about VC7.0 not about VC7.1 .

you have separate Forum for that

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu

I am using 7.0. I figured that if it is not supported in 7.1 - it wont be supported in 7.0 either?

Regards,

Yeteen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not like that.

CE 7.1 is still in development Stage ven it has good features which are not covered in theVC7.0 but it will take some time to get all the features of VC7.0

Govindu