Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bi iView : getting display after refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have deployed ESS/MSS 1.0 business package on EP 7.0;

In MSS am not able to get BI report.. initially it just displays BI template.. but if i go to option provided usually with iView on right corner and click on refresh it displays the report.

Other problem is everytime when i login to portal and try to access BI iView it gives me pop up to enter BI username and password. After once entering it does not ask me but after log off, if i login again and try to access BI iview it ask me for username and password.

Al lthe BI iview which i am trying to access are all standard BI report iView provided by SAP in MSS.

Regards,

jigar Oza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

I think your two problems might be related. I would try and solve the sso issue first and then retry executing the query.

Cheers,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dion,

according to me, i don't think it is an SSO issue.. b'coz it's showing me the template only after i giving BI information.

until i dont enter username and password for my BI server .. it does not show template also.. only after enter username and password it's giving me template.

Wot could be the prob with SSO.. could give some idea or some hint. Becuse i think i have done all configuration required for SSO.

Regards,

Jigar Oza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

There can be a number of things wrong with your sso setup - I will need more information to be able to guide you.

How is your ume set up? Local, R/3 or BI?

Is the portal and backend on the same domain?

Have you set up your BI system on the portal to use sso as logon instead of uname/pass?

Are you using https?

If you're getting a logon screen from BI then it definitely means your credentials are either missing or incorrect when you try and access the iview. This can have an effect on the end result as well depending on if the query is posting any parameters. Do you get the logon screen when you execute it in preview mode? Are you using the same user when you access it via MSS?

It is always good practice to get rid of problems one by one in order to rule out an eventual knock-on effect. I would recommend sorting out your connection between portal and BI before looking at the other issue. In my experience sso & https can cause quite a few issues sometimes in the behaviour of the portal.

Cheers,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dion,

Thnks for your reply.. i will check my SSO configuration.

If i preview it from Portal content directory, it does not give me logon screen.. it directly displays output.

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds like you need to check how your UME and sso is set up between your portal and the bi system. Is your UME based on the BI systen? In that case, make sure sso is set up properly between the portal and the BI backend system. You might also need to check the logon settings on your BI system in the portal.

As far as your other problem I can't tell without more information. Have you checked all the properties in your bi iview? Is this a BI7 system or BW3.x?

Cheers,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have BI7.. i did not find any property to that iview. if i preview it from content administrator it display ourput correctly.

But thru MSS if access i need to refresh it from collapse tray to get output data or else it only shows BI template

Regards,

Jigar Oza