cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Lease, Managing Contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a Shipping Industry, each of the Leased Container has a Life Cycle with its individual agreements/contracts. Since these are leased containers, they are not maintained as assets.

How to manage these agreemenst/contracts in SAP ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go for implementing Real Estate Management module. Where you can define your shipping containers as contracts and assign GL Accounts for lease out and lease in. RE expert is required.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas.

Are you aware any Real Estate Expert ?

Could you please give me his contact details ?

Regards,

Anupam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a Shipping Industry, each of the Leased Container amongst say 1,00,000 containers has a Life Cycle with its individual agreements/contracts with the Leasing Company.

Since these are leased containers, they are not maintained as assets.

How to manage these agreements/contracts in SAP ?

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create material codes for the containers. And then create Contracts for the Containers with Leasing Companies in ME31K with proper validity period and Account Assignment Category as "K" (Cost Center). And for each line item in Contract, select and click on "Additional Data" button (Shift+F5) and there you can maintain Rem. shelf life in days as per requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply, this is what I also had thought of, but am a bit skeptical about the system getting slow, as the number of containers is huge, alomst 6,00,000 and increasing...; so those many records !!!

Secondly the contracts are too complex, each container will have a different life cycle.

Each Leasing contract will have say 50-100 containers.

Each of the container can have different prices based on the type and size of the container which include daily costs, pick-up and drop charges, additional costs, free days etc.

Any of these containers can be off-hired, i.e. end with the contract etc.

also the invoices can be sent monthly for continuing contracts or for a particular container for a specific period with prices depending on the contract.

So can this be mapped ?