cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BOM in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Expert,

Pls. consider me as newbie in SD....my client requires me to activate the BOM functionality... Below sample set-up reqiurement

1. Main Item Eg - Cake

2. Component -

Flour,

Sugar

Milk

Salt

Pricing will be in main item -CAKE

Scenario will be.. user will create SO for Cake ,enter selling price for Cake.

Requirement..-PR should be generated for each component after the SO is created.

My steps will be

1. Create material master for each resp Gen Item cat

Cake - ERLA

Flour, Sugar,Milk,Salt - NORM

- any other field in the material master to be consider ?

2. Create BOM - CS01

- where can i enter the price for each component?, i tried with our current system, but there is no field for price..only qty.

3. Where to maintain item category determination?

OR+ERLA=TAQ?

ORNORMTAQ=TAE?

4. What need to be set up so that a PR will be generated after SO creation?

The objective of my client is later to have a way to capture what is the selling price (cake) and what are the cost incurred in buying the component.

Am a bit lost here so am thanking in advance who can advise me on the solution possible.Award points will be given. Thanks again

She

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For BOM .. There are 2 types-- Either Main component will be relevant for pricing or subitems is relevant for pricing.

In ur Case --

Maintain Material master of

1.Cake

a.Flour,

b.Sugar

c.Milk

d.Salt

Maintain cost of a,b,c,d in material of accounting -1

2.In BOM Master data maintain appropiate quantities required for preparation of that component.Maintain BOM Usage-5 in CS01

Goto VOV7 and in Main item category (if TAN) -Go to BOM and explode structure scope- single level of BOM

3. Item category determination---

SPRO- IMG-Sales & Distribution-Sales Document-Sales document item-Assign item categories---

OR + ERLA= TAQ (for main item to be priced)

4.If you want to create PR after creation of sales order-For this u have to do settings in schedule line..Go to VOV6..and in ur schedule line type-Maintain Order type=NB

Item Category=5

Also pls conder schedule line category determination ..Ie. Item category(TAQ)+MRP Type.

This will help u to create PR.

Now to view Cost of subitems... u can maintain VPRS in pricing procedure. it will call the original cost of all submaterials which is maintained in accounting -1 of material master.

Revert if not resolved

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Yes, tried as per your suggestion and it seems working now..but just a bit more question related to BOM.

We dont keep inventory of the item,so my component dont need to have accounting view...

So is there a way i can enter in the BOM transaction screen the each component cost?....

At the end, the client only required to have a report how much is the cost of the cake and the cost incurred from the component.

We dont inventory nor MRP...

Thanks in advance.

She

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try it in pricing procedure by making one Statistical condition type and maintain there prices in condition records--VK11.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

My understanding is that if i create price for component using VK11, then this will be consider as component's selling price instead of buying price ?....

If possible, i like to have the amount for the component maintain during BOM creation.

In this way, user needs only go to BOM (CS01 ) to maintain the component,qty and its buying price/cost...

It will be an process issue if user need to go through VK11 just to enter the component price..

Also, i forgot to describe, perhaps i might use the CS61 BOM (Sales Bom or WBS BOM) ....

so the price of the component varies depending on the SO requirement or WBS ...

Any alternative on this will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks again.

She

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Its ok now..there is a 'Purch' tab which i can enter the price for outsourcing the component.. Thanks a lot for the help

She

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try with the following:-

- You can maintain Cake NORM itself and assuming that the components will not be sold, no need to maintain sales view for these and also item category.

- In CS01, your header material is Cake and components as Flour, Sugar, Milk and Salt all with L in the tab [ICt]

- In VK11, maintain price for Cake

- Create sale order for Cake and save

- Run MRP via T.Code MD02 so that for the components, automatically, PR will be generated

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you dont want the price to be trigerred for the component then corresponding to the price condition type in the pricing procedure give req 2.so that for the component price will not trigger.

2. price for the component can not be created in cs01.You have to create the price of the bom component only in the normal condition record (vk11)

3.item category determination vov4

4.to crated automatic PR,select automatic po button in the item category

Venugopal