Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Re: BOM in SD

Hi SD Expert,

Pls. consider me as newbie in SD....my client requires me to activate the BOM functionality... Below sample set-up reqiurement

1. Main Item Eg - Cake

2. Component -

Flour,

Sugar

Milk

Salt

Pricing will be in main item -CAKE

Scenario will be.. user will create SO for Cake ,enter selling price for Cake.

Requirement..-PR should be generated for each component after the SO is created.

My steps will be

1. Create material master for each resp Gen Item cat

Cake - ERLA

Flour, Sugar,Milk,Salt - NORM

- any other field in the material master to be consider ?

2. Create BOM - CS01

- where can i enter the price for each component?, i tried with our current system, but there is no field for price..only qty.

3. Where to maintain item category determination?

OR+ERLA=TAQ?

ORNORMTAQ=TAE?

4. What need to be set up so that a PR will be generated after SO creation?

The objective of my client is later to have a way to capture what is the selling price (cake) and what are the cost incurred in buying the component.

Am a bit lost here so am thanking in advance who can advise me on the solution possible.Award points will be given. Thanks again

She

replied

Hi,

For BOM .. There are 2 types-- Either Main component will be relevant for pricing or subitems is relevant for pricing.

In ur Case --

Maintain Material master of

1.Cake

a.Flour,

b.Sugar

c.Milk

d.Salt

Maintain cost of a,b,c,d in material of accounting -1

2.In BOM Master data maintain appropiate quantities required for preparation of that component.Maintain BOM Usage-5 in CS01

Goto VOV7 and in Main item category (if TAN) -Go to BOM and explode structure scope- single level of BOM

3. Item category determination---

SPRO- IMG-Sales & Distribution-Sales Document-Sales document item-Assign item categories---

OR + ERLA= TAQ (for main item to be priced)

4.If you want to create PR after creation of sales order-For this u have to do settings in schedule line..Go to VOV6..and in ur schedule line type-Maintain Order type=NB

Item Category=5

Also pls conder schedule line category determination ..Ie. Item category(TAQ)+MRP Type.

This will help u to create PR.

Now to view Cost of subitems... u can maintain VPRS in pricing procedure. it will call the original cost of all submaterials which is maintained in accounting -1 of material master.

Revert if not resolved

Regards

Amit Gupta

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question