Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State basis VAT registration No.

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi every body

In my scenarion my company provide material and services to entire country, each state they have offices and each state they are registered with TIN/VAT no.

Now my question is should i need to maintain all state as Sales organistion because in the invoice we need to maintain state wise VAT/TIN no cause sales is based on that state. or can i maintain VAT/TIN no based on sales office basis also instead of maintaining so many sales organistion.

Regards

Shambhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understand from your requirement,

You have Plant in Karnataka and now selling to Maharashtra customer from Maharashtra sales office. In this sale, as per your scenario this sale is local sale because ur selling from Maharashtra to Maharashtra.

Is my understanding is right then

Now in System, r u traking any inventory in Maharashtra location or how basically showing in the system,.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu

VAT /TIN no. is taken by the Plants. And it is maintained in J1ID. There is no need to open Sales organisation for this purpose.

Cheers

Amitesh Anand

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

thanks for your input but it is always not necessary that where from u r selling your material there is ur plant available. think a process where u r selling a material in delhi but u r delivering the material from Haryana. Every company register with the state goverment for vat/Tin. Now in inovice it is necessary to show the company's VAT/Tin no. and customer's VAT/Tin no.

it is change base on state where u r selling material.

Hope u understand. I also know that creating manysales organisation is not advisable and create lot of customizing process. I know the various methoe to get the solution but i m checking whether there is any standard process available in SAP without creating sales org and based on sale office.

Thanking you once again

Enjoy your work at JP

your friend Shambhu

0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu

Nice to see your mail.

As I know you may maintain the VAT/TIN No. of Customer in Cust Master in the field STCEG.

If you are selling to different state as Sales or STO it will pick from the master.

Where are you buddy? Send me your Mobile no. Mine is same Old one.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shambhu

Go to J1ID, select [Excise Indicator for Plant] There you can maintain plantwise LST Number, Excise Registration Number

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi