cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - No connection to database!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we got a SQL Server, only 1 entity but with several databases from different systems, not only from SAP.

So we created a database user who has owner rights to all SAP databases.

Yesterday I installed the Crystal Reports Add-On in SBO and when this tries to connect I got the error message "Failed to login to database with user 'sa'".

When I trie to open "Account Setup" in Crystal Reports Administration I am not able to change the username SAP wants to have for the database connection because the field is disabled.

Our username for the database isn't 'sa' that's why I get this error message.

So my question is, if there is any opportunity to change the 'SQL user ID' in the Account Setup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you have only the SAP databases in you SQL Server entity I understand why to use the 'sa' user for database access.

But in our company we have more than the SAP BO databases in the entity. Regarding security we don't want to use the 'sa' user. He has too much rights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workaround:

we built a new SQL Server entity and imported the existing databases. The 'sa' user is now used for the connection to the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know. But we don't want to use this user, because, he has too much rights on the SQL Server. We use another user that has only rights on the SAP BO databases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i guess you need the two users...

the 'sa' for the SQL server and the user for the SAP database.

I have only 1 account user for the server. sorry, I can't help more.

Marta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the user 'sa' is the user to connect to the database server.

hope it helps!

Marta