Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Automatically assign db logon to DC, DF, BE, BV or LOV

Hello

Crystal Reports Server 2008 (XI3.0)

I am able to upload Crystal Reports (2008 Dev) reports to the BO repository in 3 ways:

a.) File > Save As from CR Dev

b.) Publishing Wizard (on the server)

c.) CMC > Add reports to a folder

When the reports are uploaded I can then enter database logon credentials for the reports.

But...

When I try to run the report in Infoview it looks for a database logon and password.

When the reports are uploaded a Data Connection, Data Foundation, Business Element, Business View and LOV are all automatically created.

(I can see these in Business View Manager)

These represent the parameters in the report. (The report parameters lists are SQL Commands in each report)

These objects do not have database logon info when created during the report upload.

I believe that what is happening is that when the report is run it must log on to the DB to load data into the LOV

At the moment to configure the db logon info for these objects (DC, DF, BE, BV or LOV) i need to edit the properties of each DC and load in the DB username and password.

Is there any way that i can configure the db logon info for all data connections at once?

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by: PATRICK COOTE on Sep 5, 2008 10:11 AM

replied

Patrick,

On

"If its possible for your to publish the reports one a time, you can simply change the report to use the LOV in the repository before you save it to CR Server. That way you end up with 1 report that your users access through the GUI, but which is configured properly on the server"

What I meant is, change the param to use the Server's LOV (that is already preconfigured - has password/userid/never prompt), then save/publish the report to CRS - that way it goes in pointing to the existing LOV. Once you save it, if you close the report and reopen the local (unmanaged) copy that you had before, it is still using the local LOV in the report. This way, you don't have to go in after every report publication and set up the yet another LOV stack....

On

"may be you should consider looking into developing a little application that log on the CR Server, run through a list of DCs and set credentials"

Yes, the data in your repository/system database (Oracle in your case) is encrypted - always is. This is an encrypted object-relational database. Yes, you'll have to build an application (Java/.NET) that logs in & does all that you need to do. You can not access and modify the data in the database directly - don't attempt that.... You'll corrupt your installation. The only way you can make updates in that DB is through the BOE SDK.

To get a peek of what's in the database, log into the Query Builder tool. Assuming you're using Tomcat running on port 8080, change servername with your servername, and check it out....

http://servername:8080/AdminTools/

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question