Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization: How to set the session locale manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one more question from me.

So I have my Web Dynpro application and it gets the current language either from the user profile or the browser settings, which is fine. I can switch what String or image to display with a "getLocale()" call if neccessary, but can I also SET the locale? I want to be able to change the language for internationalization, f.ex. a German user should be able to view the page in English if he chooses to do so. Is there a way to accomplish this and if yes, how?

Thank you,

Lukas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can set the Locale. means after getting the default you can overwrite this with the desire one.

But,your application is going to reside in the portal and in portal one Personalize link is present at the MasHead, in that User Profile link is present where user can reset few data regarding the user profile and Language is one of them.

So try to use that one,the scenario you are expalining for that no need to touch the code you can do directly from the personalize link coz this change is for time being.

Hope this may help you.

Deepak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the following thread also:

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the pointers. This issue has disappeared as the client no longer requires this setting, nevertheless I will mark this question answered, as the answers and links you have provided proved to be very useful.

Lukas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think Webdynro has any public API for this purpose.

Regards

Ayyappaaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is related to your problem but check this link please