cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Enforcer(error in approving the request) and import roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

error in approving the request at security stage(last)

manager and role owner are successfully approved.

and also importing roles into access enforcer was not successful.

imortstatus : 0 roles imported of 28 records found.

please find the system log:

2008-09-05 13:01:34,625 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_8] DEBUG com.virsa.ae.service.messaging.MessageFormatter : parseDesc : : INTO the method : desc :Please specify a file to import.paramNames :paramsMap :{FIELD_NAME=#_!FIELD_NAME#_!}

2008-09-05 13:01:34,625 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_8] DEBUG com.virsa.ae.service.cache.AECacheUtil : getResourceBundle : : INTO the method : en

2008-09-05 13:01:34,625 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_8] DEBUG com.virsa.ae.service.cache.AECacheUtil : getResourceBundle : : INTO the method : en

2008-09-05 13:02:28,234 [Thread-47] DEBUG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

For your import file, did you use the one that is from the "Help" in the top right with the other templates?

If so - this did not work for us. To successfully load the file, I loaded one role first manually into the system. Then I did an export of that and it had the rest of the template in the correct format. Also make sure that you click "Overwrite existing data" when you go to import - otherwise the system doesn't seem to like it.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

How did you load the role in the system? Can u be more clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the configuration tab, and then under roles, I did "Create Role." I filled one role in like this with all of the data that we cared about. Then after saving it, I went to "Search Role", clicked "Search" and after that role came back, I did an "Export." Access Enforcer allows you to save/open it in Excel then.

Hope this helps.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go to the help page in AE, you can download an Excel template for role uploads there.

The columns require you to enter the IDs of the role attributes (which you need to create before uploading).

If you do like Elisabeth said, you'll get a pretty good idea about what goes there.

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Frank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I imported the roles into AE, I started with the Configuration>Roles>Import Roles

There is a download template you can start with; be aware it accomodates multiple languages; you can remove those you do not need;

As was stated by others, you will need to have the proper field values / attributes defined in AE before you import the spreadsheet otherwise you will receive errors; if I recall, the errors may not be too clear and based on what you receive, you may not be able to identify which entries worked and which ones did not without reviewing the AE definitions;

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Addition to my previous response:

I meant to include the following:

Some of the fields that need to be properly defined with attributes are:

System: must have the know SAP system defined here

Role Approver (i presently are using most of the roles without having need for approval; I created a user called NOAPPRV in AE)

Functional Area: need to have all the areas defined that roles will be assigned to

Company: I only have one company so that's an easy one

Some areas I presently do not use but found they must ne coded and coded properly:

ResponsibilityID: N/A (coded as is)

CommentsMandatory: NO (coded as is)

Parent Role Owner: NO

Business Process: NA (I believe I originally coded N/A and it did not like that)

Sub Process: NA (again N/A I believe error on me)

Reaffirm Period: presently I am using 0 (zero)

LastReaffirm: presently using 12/31/9999

Hope this helps a bit

I wanted to include an attachment with a sample of my Role Import spreadsheet but I'm not sure exactly how to do that; if I figure that out or someone can provide me the process I will include it

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson Inc.

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for ur prompt reply,your answer helped me for importing the roles successfully.

Imported roles into the quality system successfully with the template provided in the help option.But i dont know y the template is not workin in the production system.

Please help me the other query also which i posted i.e error in processing the request.At last stage approval facing the error.

manager and role owner approved successfully.But security approver is not able to approve the request.