cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in deadline monitoring of batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Deadline monitoring of batches (transaction QA07) is not working. I tried running this but it did not post stock of a batch whou2019s expiry date was in next 2 days in blocked stock. I had specified the material no, plant, initial run in days (the one that is underu201D batch status change when expiration date is reachedu201D) and also flagged the checkbox for u201CBlock batchu201D. All other fields were left empty. Also QM module is not active. The message was u201CNo entries foundu201D , I confirmed the batch details with u201CMSC2Nu201D , it was in next 2 days and the same is reflected in report u201CMB5Mu201D too.

Please let me know whether QM is required to be active for execution of QA07 or there is some other problem.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, QM should be active (Inspection type 09)

Inspection Interval must be maintain in QM view else how system will come to know when the recurring inspection is required.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 5, 2008 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Just last query, if QM is not active then is there any other way by which we can ensure that expired batches are put in blocked stock( Not by manual posting). Because if expired batches are under un-restricted then they are considered during batch determination (SLED) and also posting is possible. How to avoid this ?

Once again thanks for your inputs.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Nathan,

You have to use below 3 Characterstics in your Class which you used in Batch Determination strategy.

LOBM_VFDAT

LOBM_RLZ

LOBM_LFDAT.

For the rest of the settings use below mention link,

This link may be useful for all our SDN friends which are intrested to use Self Life expiry date for the [Batch Determinatin|http://www.renet-web.net/2008/09/05/sap-batch-determination-made-easy/].

Hope this link will help all them.

Regards,

Dhaval

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is to have a programe to to make the stock to move to blocked stock as soon as SLED arrives. You need to create the variant and run it on schedule time. Please take help from technical consultant.

This way we can restrict the issue of the batch

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No program needs to be written! Use the standard deadline mointoring functionlity provided by SAP!!!!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Intially i had characteristic LOBM_VFDAT in class after that i added characteristic LOBM_RLZ to test what daval had suggested. Later on changed the condition record for one material. Now I want to revert to the original status i.e. intend to remove LOBM_RLZ from the class.Im not able to delete the same from class. i know this is because of the dependency in condition record defined for the material but im not able to delete it from condition record for that material also. Could you please help.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Nathan,

You will find 2 Information massages during removing LOBM_RLZ.

One is regarding Dependency (CL164) and second one will be for Values (CL044).Deletion leads to inconsistency to some Masters (Batch data,Determination strategy) so if seems to be no major problem you can delete it because both this massages are for Information purpose.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhaval,

when i delete the line in condition record, it gets deleted but when i save it then it gives the following message that "nothing saved as no new line added". If i check again in COB3 for that material then its not deleted.The correct procedure is to first remove the dependencies, that is delete the exisiting condition record for materials and then delete it in the class.

Dhaval im waiting for your reply.Thanks in advance

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 9, 2008 1:57 PM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 9, 2008 1:56 PM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 9, 2008 1:54

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Nathan don't remove that Dependency that is system std.If it doesn't allow or possible than use Create new Class and use that class by removing earlier one in Batch Determination strategy.(If it only used for Batch Determination Strategy).

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found one more way, is it OK to use program RMCLMDEL ?

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but, I don't about its application.

Dhaval

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok... I'm still confused. Why can't you run the standard deadline mointoring program?

I believe you still need to activate the 09 inspection type but this can be done in mass using QA08. Since your not using inspection intervals, don't maintain the inspection interval field in the QM view.

No config needs to be done, the standard as delivered config in QM should work.

Run the deadline mointoring program (QA07?) but only fill in data in the bottom half for blocking expired batches.

Set the program up to to run nightly with whatever 'window' you desire, i..e block those that expire in 1 day, or 5 days, or ten days.

If you are using batch status management, then the batches will be restricted. If you are not, they will be moved to blocked stock.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the link,

[Bhatch monitoring|;

Regards,

R.Brahmankar