cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi universe and local datasrc

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am new to BO webi .we load data using flat files so we have 2 options to create the report in WEbi universe and local datasrc so which could be better to use and what is the difference b/w these two

And please provide me some documents on how to create the reports , charts , variable entry etc in webi

Thanks,

Sany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, if you are using XI3.0 then you have the choice to use local data (xls, txt, csv) within the Web Intelligence Rich Client. Local data sources are usually personal data and have no security or metadat properties. Universes provide all that and are usually created by administrators rather than end users like personal data.

Hope this helps too!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using BO XI R2, there is only one option to create Webi reports i.e from Universe.

We cannot create a Webi report with Local Datasource.

The option to create reports from Datasources like Excel, Text File, Free Hand SQL and Stored Procedure exits only in Deski and not in Webi.

Though we can try creating a Universe based on Excel (In XI R2) or Stored Procedure (In BO XI 3.0) and then try creating Webi report based on this Universe.

You can find documentation regarding Webi on SAP Help Portal.

The URL for the same is http://help.sap.com

Here under the Business Objects Tab you can search for the required document.

I hope this should help you.