Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In PA30 under utility menu there are following tab available

1. Delete Personal No.

2. Change Payroll Status

3. Change/Entry leaving date

4. Call employee

I want to restrict last 3 tabs for any one info type. But user needs access to option no.2 which is Change Payroll status. When I checked under P_ORIGIN object it has access for all info type means it has * value.

Please advice if there is any option to restrict this function for any one info type while other info type should have access to all option.

Regards

Santosh

5 REPLIES 5

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi santosh,

in order to restrict a user to change entry/leaving date, it will suffice to take away acces to T-code PA41. the same would apply for deleting a personnel number (PU00).

I do not completely understand what you mean by restricting this functionality for certain infotypes and not others?

take care,

dimitri

0 Kudos

Dimitr,

You are correct.I too removed tcode PA41,PU00 & added only PU03 from role.but these changes applied to all other infotype.

i got a request that they want to restrict only fo infotype 3.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

I'm afraid I still don't really understand your requirement. is it that you want to restrict access to infotype 3 alltogether? or just in combination with the beforementioned T-codes?

0 Kudos

Its only for infotype 3.

Regards

santosh

0 Kudos

I presume your requirement can be solved using the infotype screen control (table T588M) in combination with usergroups. using this, you will be able to restrict maintenance for this infotype without restricting the P_ORGIN access to the same infotype.

take care,

dimitri