cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine default for PA number range (Feature NUMKR)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am new to SAP. Please guide me for the below-mentioned problem :

My Client has two group companies, for which separate PA number range need to created for employees. One range has been created and assigned in Feature NUMKR (Tcode PE03) by a consultant. Now I need to create and assign default a separate PA number range for the other company. I have created the number range thru Tcode PA04. Now I need to determine default the new number range for the second company.

How can I do it? Please guide me the steps (mention Tcode).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Soumyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyajeet,

You have already defined a number range for One Company BUKRS (Company Code) in PA04.

In PE03 - For feature NUMKR - Click change. Place your cursor where the Decision tree Starts for BUKRS and click Create. NOw Select the New company Code from the drop down.

Place the cursor on the new Company Code and again click Create. Now here select 'Return Value' and Put the Value you defined for the Number Range in PA04, for the new Company.

I hope it helps you.

Goodluck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

I am following your steps but the decision tree started with PERSG not BUKRS. Under PERSG there are nodes mentioning Emp Groups and under them respective number ranges are mentioned. Kindly guide.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Soumyajit

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u need it urgently

check my business card

Edited by: Sikindar on Sep 6, 2008 10:40 AM

Edited by: Sikindar on Sep 6, 2008 10:47 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check ur number ranges in intervals T-code pa04

Then go to pe03, select NUMKAR feature.

Default ur number ranges as per requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TC - PE03 - select feature - NUMKR - click on change

select your molga - country grouping- then click on create button and select field for decision operation and select - WERKS (personnel area)

Now again do it for another personnel area and assign your number ranges to both the PA.

and click on activate it/save it.

Hope this resolves your problem, if yes then award with points.

All the best,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As per ur steps I am going in this way - PE03 > Feature: NUMKR > Change but after that the settings already made for the 1st company is appearing. I dont need to change that setting. I need to assign default for the numbr range created for another company.

If u can guide me steps. I can send u screenshots if u can passon ur mail.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Soumyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to numkr feature, place ur cursor on BUKRS and hit create and then choose new company and hit enter.

then add your new range and check for errors and activate

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do as Shweta said:

Go to PE03- select country grouping- click on create and create your PA and then put your cursor on your PA and again click on create and select return value and give your number range there. Click on activate everytime when you do changes.

It will resolve your problem.

Regards

Santosh

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check PA04

in the intervals check ur pernr range

now go to PE03 NUMKR and assign it to ur Areas

if u are nt abel to find the feild bukrs check the the structures in GO TO in the menu bar

Edited by: Sikindar on Sep 5, 2008 1:41 PM

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in the NUMKR feature it self , when u add a new node for fld decesion , there is a fld for BUKRS , did u try using it?

Try to modify the feature using BUKRS fld.

Regards

Sameer