cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User default format in printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question about the user default print format.

When I try to print out a output, the print format turn to be a format that I donu2019t want to use, I have to change the format manually everytime. Is there any method that I can set the user default print format for a specific output?

Thanks,

Nadali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For permanent setting for your user ID, Goto Transaction SU03. Enter your user name and click change. Under DEFAULTS tab, under Spool Control, you can select the output device which you want. Save the changes. Logout and Login to View the changes.

Regards,

Danish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the date of the OP before anyone else answers

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

Your are right for the default output device and the choices "Print immediately or not" and "Delete after output or not".

But the topic for which Nadali needed help is : how to change the default "Print format" ? This parameter can't be changed using transaction SU3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The right way to change the default print format

1°) Display a printable data on the screen

2°) Click on the Print icon

3°) On the next screen, enter an Output device and click on the "Properties" button

4°) Double-click on the parameter value of the line "Format"

5°) In the field "Format" change the value of the print format and click on the "Specifications" button

6°) On the next screen click on the "Copy settings" button

That's it. Now the new value you enterred in 5°) is set as the default one for print format.

Note that following this procedure you can set or change other printing default parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your SAP screen go to this place.

Application toolbar SYSTEM -> USER PROFILE -> OWN DATA...

in the DEFAULTS tab enter the printer name in the OUTPUT DEVICE field