cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Login Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm using Web App Server 6.40.

I have created a custom login module that reads the username from a HTTP header (which is passed from a reverse proxy) and implements the JAAS LoginModule (I got deployment errors when trying to extend AbstractLoginModule)

I have used the DeployTool to deploy the jar file to the J2EE server and it shows up under the libs.

However when I specify it in the login stack for an application (such as the examples Hello and Calculator) I get an error in the log files stating "Cannot Load a Login Module".

Am I using this in the correct way ? Can I deploy a login module like this ? Or does it have to be deployed with an application ? I am trying to develop a generic login module that can be used by applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

This is not an answer to your question, sorry, this

is a related question. You wrote that you made a custom

login module that reads HTTP header parameters, and I

am looking how to modify HTTP header (the big picture -

I need to build an iview that displays some web application and the only way to implement sso with that application is to set "Authorization" parameter with user's credentials in http header of my request). I

thought you might know and decided to ask.

Thank you,

Yuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

did you think about registering the new LoginModule in the UserManagement ?

It's just that I had the same problem when I had to reinstall my server and forgot to register the CustomLoginModule before deploying my application.

Best Regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have registered the login module in User Management. Did you deploy your custom login module with an application ? Do you know if it's possible to deploy it as a jar library, without an j2ee application ? It seems to be possible...but obviously somethings not right