cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRBackup is gettting failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's

I am taking my production server backup by brtools but It is happing successfuly some days and happing unsuccessfully some days.
Its giving unexpected results and not sync.
I am pasting error message which I am getting , please check and give me solution

--------------------------
BR0278E Command output of 'dd bs=64k conv=sync if=K:\ORACLE\TCP\SAPDATA5\BTABD_23\BTABD.DATA23 of=/dev/nmt0':
dd: unable to initialize ASPI manager
dd: using NT tape support
dd: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
dd: write error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
258005+0 records in
258004+0 records out
1 write error
BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-09-05 01.42.11
BR0279E Return code from 'dd bs=64k conv=sync if=K:\ORACLE\TCP\SAPDATA5\BTABD_23\BTABD.DATA23 of=/dev/nmt0': 1
BR0222E Copying K:\ORACLE\TCP\SAPDATA5\BTABD_23\BTABD.DATA23 to/from /dev/nmt0 failed due to previous errors
------------------------------

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is related your tape drive. Pls check your drive.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil Satya ,

What things should be checked in my tape drive ?, Can you please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After re-installed the driver system is show drive is ready for use.

Can I know this is old dirve which used in past days and given error now or changed due to old one given error. If this is old one and working fine in pas days then this is related to driver or tape drive fault. In case you have changed due to old one was faulty then this drive is not compatable.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You deinstall the driver of your device and reinstall it. It seems that there was problem with driver. So reinstall it once again, Your problem will be resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh ,

I will reinstall driver of tape drive and let you know status.

Thanks & Regards

Vinay Patel