cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound - error handling using workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please find the solution in the below quiery.

I am working on OUTBOUND IDOC, whenever idoc fails, workflow should be trigger & mail should send to IDOC administrator,later he will check & reprocess the idoc.

Mainly , i have bussiness object & standard task.

By using these, please tell me procedure to trigger workflow whenerver idoc fails. Below are the Scenarios.

1. Value not found for Custom IDoc fields.

2. Partner Profile not maintained correctly

3.Syntax error in IDoc.

4.IDoc ready for dispatch (ALE Service)

5.Error in Sending FI Change IDoc out from the BTE in FB02 using the function module . masteridocdistribute. This is not expected to happen and would really be exceptional.

Please reply me soon.

Regards,

Chiranjeevi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question along these lines. I have inbound and outbound processing in the LE area that is a new process for us. Workflow is set up and I am getting errors messages in my inbox in SAP. However, I would like those messages to show up as an express mail pop-up box while in SAP so I do not have to go to my inbox or we02/we05 for error notification. I set the express flag up in WE46 but it does not seem to be triggering the pop-up. We do not have email in sap set up, so that is not an option at this point. Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FOr most of your requirements, there is already std. SAP IDOC error Single-step tasks.

Have a look at WE46 transaction.

Also, if you go to SWO1 and search with "IDOC*", you will get all the BO's even.

It's pretty straightfwd. Also, in Partner Profiles, WE20, for each of the IDOC type, there is one "Post.Processing AGent", whom if you set up correctly, will be the person receiving this Errored IDOC mails.

Hope this helps

venu