Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass roles creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am supposed to create 2000 roles in our system.

Is there any way to create roles in mass.

If there please provide me the details to do the mass roles creation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suganya

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PFCG tcode , in utilities tab there is one option of mass generation. Check if that one is helpful.

Cheers,

Sneha

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am supposed to create 2000 roles in our system.

> Is there any way to create roles in mass.

How do you mean 'in mass'? Do you want 2000 identical copies of one role, are you talking about derived roles or do you need to create 2000 completely different roles?

Please give us some more information. (And prepare for the fact that some tasks do not have shortcuts...)

Jurjen

0 Kudos

look at SECATT as that is the best way to automate PFCG tasks, if you are new to the tool follow instructions in sapsecurityonline.com in that website go to tutorials.

beware that you need to create spreadsheets with the right info before you can start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

2000 roles are distinct.

I have worked in ecatt script for users creation.

I felt that ecatt wont work for mass roles creation.

Is there any other way to do this.

0 Kudos

> 2000 roles are distinct.

In that case, the gathering of information sounds like a bigger worry to me. For how many users and how many functional areas are these roles meant?

Are you sure we're not talking about some 20 parents and several hundreds of derived roles? The creation of derived roles can be sped up with ecatt.