cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM putaway stragety setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have some problem. Now we have two locaiton A and B, they both have two Stock type as

a1 b1 and a2 b2.

So when we move matieral between this two location, it can't auto create TO, we need manually choose type in LU04

Is there way to let TO auto created? maybe putaway strategy setup?

By the way, We use ls10 to mass create bins, but it only could copy one by one ? Or it could mass create bins for thounds?

THanks

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

Thanks a lot for your advice. I read the notes. Just compare it in our system, actually, we use the reference -- Strategies ->Activate Storage Type Search -> Storage Type Search: Determine Search Sequence.

For these two storage location A and B, one for bonded warehouse, another is non-bonded. So currently

we setup the storage type sequence for bonded warehouse A, 1st storage type 1CF, 2nd storage type as 1CO. for non-bonded warehouse B in determine serach sequence, OMLY, 1st storage is 2CF , 2nd storage type as 2CO. storage loc reference as CY. Does it mean when we do movment in storage locaiton A, it will choose 1CF ,then 2CO storage type ,right?

Now we also need move parts between A and B storage location, It will need use manually choose storage type in LU04, How to setup the storage type sequence?

THanks

Alice

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Your last mail is not clear.

1. If you have a search strategy with WH no., 'E', storage type1, storage type2, etc it should work in case of all your Sloc.

2. If you create SLoc references and assign them to plant, WH, SLoc combinations in SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Storage Location Control

3. If you define strategy with WH no., 'E', SLoc_ref, storage type1, storage type2, etc for each of your storage location, the proper storage type will be selected.

(you can add a mvt reference (wm-mvt 309) for storage type search, in this case it will be valid for such PCNs only)

Now we also need move parts between A and B storage location, It will need use manually choose storage type in LU04, How to setup the storage type sequence?

I do not understand you...I thought we have been speaking about this all the time... If you want to modify the storage type choose transfer order creation in foregroung when processing the PCN.

Please SET it, TEST it and come back if you have some problem.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your help. I try to explain it clearly.

We have two storage location A and B. they are used Warehouse management and has same warehosue number . LIke warehouse number 111 , it has two storage locaiton A and B. Storage locaiton A has storage type A1 and A2, Storage lociaton B has storage type B1 And B2.

Now The situation is under warehouse number 111, there are two storage location , each has two storage type. I checked IMG for the storage type search, It could define sequence of storage type. like A1 type , next is A2. But if it could define storage type seach sequence between two storage location ?

Now we need move mateiral from storage location A ( bonded locaiton) to Storage location B ( non-bonded locaiton) by mb1b. When we do this , It can't create TO auto. In LU04, we need manually select the storaget type.

Since each storage loaiton has two storage type .it seems SAP don't know which to be selected.

So please advise if we could setup some stragety , eg: we first select storage type A1 /B1 then A2 /B2 ?

Thanks a lot

Alice

Edited by: alice zhang on Sep 16, 2008 9:43 AM

Edited by: alice zhang on Sep 16, 2008 9:58 AM

Edited by: alice zhang on Sep 16, 2008 10:02 AM

Edited by: alice zhang on Sep 16, 2008 10:18 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your precise description.

Even if you have two SLocs assigned to one WH, you don't have to move the stock to another storage type if its ownership changes. The goods (quant) can remain in the same bin and you can change its ownership - no problem.

My other remark is that as per my best knowledge you cannot assign a storage type to a SLoc within a WH, However, you might have such kind of business requirment.

If you would like to realize different search strategies based on SLoc, please examine the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f8443d4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

You will see that you can define SLoc reference and using these references you can make difference between the wm-movement types as per SLoc (check 'Prerequisites' on the given web page).

I guess this might be the key to solve your problem.

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I checked the IMG stragety for stock type search. It has setup the Stock type in it.

Now our quesiton is We have two locaiton A and B, we need move material from A locaiton to B, How we could do this ? Since A locaiton has a1 and a2 stock type ,B locaiton ahve b1 and b2 type.

PLease advise how we could do this movement ?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Unfortunately I find your explanation a little too vague at the moment, perhaps you can elaborate a bit more.

Depending upon what you are trying to do and what the trigger for the Stock Movement is then I am sure you can set this up.

The key will be down to Movement Types presumably at Inventory Management and Warehouse Management levels and the settings in the putaway search sequences for the destination Storage Types.

For example a common Auto TO scenario is the release from QM of stock to unrestricted.

The Usage decision in QM, generates a Material Document and a movement type 321 for the stock change. This is then set to Auto Create TO and Auto Confirm TO and this works fine.

What would be useful to know is the level of your attempted stock moves.

IM level, is this Storage Location to Storage Location?

Is it Warehouse to Warehouse, or is it Storage Type to Storage Type?

If you can explain a bit more then maybe we can help further?

Thanks and regards

Carl

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Please be more precise and define your question better.

1. What are 'location A and B'? Are they warehouses or storage locations? If they are SLoc are they assigned to the same WH?

2. What are 'stock types'? Storage types?

I kindly ask you please use SAP-terminology and describe the process shortly, correctly. And define what you want exactly.

I think this will help you to get proper answer from forum members.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

THanks a lot. LS10 we need to create many bins by batch. I read the help which you provide.

Now we have two location, each locaiton has two loation type, So if we run that program, it may still give warning, not to know which type system need pick up.

So we consider if it need any putaway stragety?

THanks

ALice

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand one of your problem is that TO cannot be created automatically because the system cannot determine the destination bin automatically. Please set your search strategy in SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Activate Storage Type search (and storage section, and so on...).

As for your requirement to create bins as batch job is very-very strange to me...storage bins are master data in WM and I wonder which kind of business requirement is behind this.

Csaba

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Auto TO creation for PCNs is possible but I'm not sure SAP's solution fulfills your requirement since it is realized by a program run. Check what SAP help says:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ef/ff6939a49e623fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

As foryour question about LS10 I cannot get your point. If you give the rule and necessary parameters LS10 will create the bins in mass.

Csaba