Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-Recruiting - questionnaire to trigger WF idea verification

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are thinking about how recruiters can be best informed abaout a manager's assessment of a candidate.

Can a questionnaire result be linked to a WF? If so, how would you do it?

Or are there better ideas how to inform the recruiter?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Mathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mathi,

what you wanna do is not a every da requirement but a quite common one. You want to have different processings after the manager completed the questionaire.

For example you have the following process steps in e-recruiting:

- inbox & pre screening

- pre selection

- hiring department

- selection

- offer

When the manager fills the questionaire in process step "hiring department" the candidate shall be moved into step "selection" by creating activity so it moves to the next tab on the screen. the activity is depending on the managers decision so the recriuter can easily see what to do in the most recent activity field.

You start with the topic a bit different than your description. You do not make 2 different workflows but only one which start on completion of an activity which happens automatically if the questionaire is filled (the careful programmer checks if the questionaire instance is really there and not someone in hr put the activity status manually).

In the workflow you read the questionaire. You can either get the overall result or what i prefere i get the answers and according to the question(s) and given answer(s) i have different branchs in the workflow. Of course you will have to build own functions for this either in a customer BOR object or by calling static class methods in container steps - just what u like.

Only point to take in mind is that questionaires differ from dev to test to production as they are usually not transported. so you better make a type A table where you put in the questionaire, question and answer id depending on the system.

If you have detailed questions just post another message.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the questionnaire itself I can use as an activity.

But how about the answers in the questionnaire? If the manager ansers YES, then the workflow A is triggered.

If the manager answers NO, workflow B is triggered.

How can this be done?

Thanks and best regards,

Mathi

0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

In the standard E-Recruiting product it is not possible that you trigger a separate workflow based on the response to a questionnaire. Once the candidate has responded to a questionnaire, the Recruiter/Manager will be able to view the questionnaire response.

Basically for the requirement you are looking for, you might need to write some custom code. However I am not really sure how to achieve this. Maybe some technical experts who work on SmartForms/Adobe Forms can provide you some guidance here.

Best Regards,

Viqar Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set it as an activity