cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled TMS_ # TMS_TP_IMPORT background jobs fail with error code 0232

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is anyone else having the problem we've just encountered since upgrading to ECC 6.0 and CRM 2007, where once setting up the automatic import ALL background jobs, to have all of the Transport Change Requests imported into the Q-Prod testing systems automatically, fail after several successful runs?

After setting up the automatic import background job to run every 15 minutes, the first few run successfully (importing any transports as it should), then the transports stop being imported.

The background jobs continue to run, but have the following in the job log overviews CRM 2007 - "Could not start transport control program tp". R\3 ECC 6.0 - "Transport control program tp ended with error code 0232".

Only by deleting the background job and recreating it (or manually importing) from STMS, can the transports continue to be imported. Although I have noticed that there are multiple tp.exe processes started, which need to be deleted before the STMS and TMS Background jobs work again.

The:

DB is SQL Server 2005

disp+work is at version 7000.150.14.48855

R3Trans is at version 7000.149.14.47907

tp is at version 7000.144.14.39594

Any suggestions on how to cure this for good?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing a very similar issue. I have replaced tp.exe and R3trans in the kernel but that has not solved the issue. My tp process also tests GREEN and will work for a week or so. Ultimately, the tp processes eat up too much memory and a new tp process cannot start. I have been searching the web and havent found much help. One post suggested scheduling the import job to synchronous. Any ideas?

Windows 2003

MSSQL 2005

ECC 6, SR3

tp.exe - 7000.179.15.29936

R3trans - 7000.172.15.18985

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our ECC 6 SR3, I have just patched tp (to #179) & R3trans (to #183), and for now the problem with the automatic import job seems to be cleared.

One thing that was confusing me at first: when you go into STMS and refresh an import queue, a tp process is created which is only stopped when you leave the STMS transaction! Be sure that you leave STMS cleanly.

We are using ECC6 + MSSQL 2005 + Windows 2003 x86 64-bit Unicode kernel.

Of course a few hours is not that long, I will keep an eye on it but am hopeful now.

- Patrick.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All

FYI

SAP first suggested the following notes: 19466, 1150361, and to add a Startup profile parameter rfc/use_gwstart = 1. Which was only partially successful.

I guess it had more to do with RFC processes hanging than it did with the tp, which was fixed in a later kernel patch level.

I've upgraded the kernel to the latest (70000.181.0.0) and my problem was fixed.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apparently have the same issue...TMS jobs have been working fine for months, running ECC6 on Win2k3 and have made no SAP system updates or patches. QAS TMS job stopped working 2 days ago...it appears to have something to do with the SQL Native Client. When I run SA38 report RSTPTEST, the failure is occuring at the DB level. Refers me to Note 734034.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric

We must have different problems. I've also ran the rstptest, but everything came back "Green".

I agree that it does seem to be something at the OS level, but I can't seem to find out why or how the tp.exe and cmd.exe services wont cancel after the "Transport all" background job finishes.

Thanks

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your transport domain controller in a different physical location that this system?

Perhaps network issues are causing a hang every now and then.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the Domain Controller is in a different location, with a fire wall in between as well. I have suspected the network, but don't know how that can be proved.

Although, I'm not sure why there a so many unreleased tp.exe processes that need to be cancelled before I'm able to import another transports.