cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Query for both Main and Sub Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report whichs works but I don't think i'm getting the data to both the Main Report and Sub Report in the most effcient manner... I have a report that totals users call subject counts. But then end user wishes to see all users total counts and the grand totals of call counts on the first page then then the breakdown of types of calls on subsuquent pages... so I created a report with a subreport in the report header.... I use the same query in both the sub and main report... however it asks the user to enter the parameters once for the main report and once for the sub report... Parameters are both the same for each; month and year... so it currently runs the query twice I want to run it once and use the data for both reports... I group by name and then sum the call subject counts for the user totals... and in the sub report I hide the detail section and I'm just left with the sub total line for each user, then in the main report use the same grouping and suming again and I start a new page for every user...

Using CR 9

Thanks for any advice

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you need to link the main report parameter with the subreport parameters inorder to pass the parameter values from main report to subreport. So right click on subreport and go to change subreport links and add parameter fields and select parameter fields from your subreport and un check the databse fields in subreport.

Regards,

Raghavendra.G

Answers (0)