cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS V6R1M0 cume package C8190610, ptf SF99354

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like share the issues that we encounted after applying the OS V6R1M0 cume package C8190610.

The SAP Systems were not coming up and there were several issues after that

1) netstat option 3, and it was displaying garbage data

We had apply group ptf SF99354 to fix the above problem. Even after this the SAP Systems were not coming up as the WP's were dieing immediately.

2) We had applied the PTF SI32608, which resolves a low level machine error regarding "pointer settings" based on an OS message id MCH3601.

So folks, if you are planning on applying the OS V6R1M0 cume package C8190610, do not forget to apply group ptf SF99354 and PTF SI32608 or else your SAP systems won't come up and IBM and SAP does not have any information updated in any of their Notes.

Good Luck

Thank You

Reg,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Kishore,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems which you experienced, but I can' t let your comments go entirely unchallenged as regards the available information. To the best of my knowledge, the problem which is solved by IBM PTF SI32608 is caused by a change introduced with DB-Fixpack 5 (or later) and not the CUM package. The issue has been addressed in point 9 of SAP note 1148480, "Known Issues with V6R1M0" since at least the middle of July. It's possible that the CUM package is also related: As most people install both packages together, we have not previously been notified of an isue relating only to the CUM package and I will check this with IBM.

All the best,

Sally Power

Dev. Support for SAP on IBM i

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These PTF's resolved the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo again Kishore.

I contacted IBM in the meantime and got the following information. The general CUM includes the PTF SI32608: please see [this link|http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/3a8f58452f9800bc862562900059e09e/59cd6799f6f4d82886257408005db281?OpenDocument] for details. This CUM should also include the PTF for the netstat problem, according to my contact. He suggested that there may have been a problem with the application of the CUM, as you should not have needed to apply either PTF if everything had worked properly. He therefore recommends that you reapply the general CUM package to ensure that nothing else is missing.

Regards,

Sally Power

Dev. Support for SAP on IBM i